Midland Expressway renews partnership with G4S7 February 2012
Midland Expressway partner with G4S
G4S Cash Solutions (‘G4S’), the largest provider of cash solutions in the UK, has been awarded a three year contract extension with Midland Expressway Limited (MEL) to service the M6toll road, which runs for 27 miles through the Midlands and bypasses one of Europe's most congested motorways. .
The contract, which is worth over £100,000 will see G4S provide MEL with a combination of cash transportation, cash processing and bulk cash services.
Having worked closely with MEL and their assigned procurement consultants the proposed solution from G4S not only matches the current commercial and operation needs for the M6toll, but is geared to keep pace with their business requirements as they evolve over the coming years.
Roy Court, Account Manager, G4S Cash Solutions (UK), said, “We are looking forward to continuing our relationship with MEL, helping them to introduce process efficiencies within the fast paced environment that exists at the M6toll.”
David Slater, Director of Finance, Midland Expressway Ltd, added, “We are very pleased to have agreed a bespoke solution with G4S that really fits our business needs. As a result, we have been able to streamline our cash management processes and provide a more efficient service for our customers. ”
After the three year contract period, there will also be an opportunity to extend the work for a further two years.
(Images Courtesy of Midland Expressway Limited)
About G4S Cash Solutions
A subsidiary of G4S plc, G4S Cash Solutions is the leading UK provider of cash solutions, including secure cash transportation, ATM outsourcing solutions and outsourced till management. In the UK we deploy over 6,500 employees and utilise a fleet of around 2,000 vehicles throughout a network of 43 cash transportation branches and 10 cash and coin centres.
About G4S plc
G4S is the world's leading security solutions group, which specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has an additional stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and more than 635,000 employees.
About Midland Expressway Limited (M6 Toll)
· The M6 Toll is operated and maintained by Midland Expressway Limited (MEL).
· MEL is a private company with a government concession to design, build and run the M6 Toll until 2054.
· MEL is wholly owned by Macquarie Atlas Roads, a listed infrastructure fund based in Australia.
· The M6 Toll stretches for 27 miles from Junction 11a on the M6 near Cannock, Staffordshire, rejoining the M6 at Junction 3a at Coleshill, Warwickshire.
· A £900 million development, the M6 Toll is Britain’s first privately funded motorway.
· The M6 Toll is a significant piece of infrastructure used by up to 43,000 cars every day. Traffic figures for the M6 Toll are published quarterly and are available for inspection on the M6toll website.
· Further information on the M6 Toll is available on www.m6toll.co.uk.