We have developed a cohesive and sustainable procurement strategy to reflect our CSR commitments.
Currently we work with suppliers to deliver the objectives of our CSR policy throughout our supply chain and have introduced clauses to our supplier contracts which commit them to:
- Conduct all business in accordance with relevant legislation
- Read our CSR Policy and uphold the general business practices, labour practices and environmental practices within their own operations
- Act in accordance with local employment law and the Fundamental Conventions of the International Labour Organisation (where permitted by local legislation)
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that local employment law and the Fundamental Conventions of the International Labour Organisation are upheld within their own supply chains
- Take reasonable steps to identify and minimise the environmental impact of the product/service and any associated operation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, act to prevent pollution and dispose of waste in a responsible manner
- Disclose all breaches of environmental legislation to us and will permit us to undertake an environmental audit of their operations
Responsibility for this aspect of our CSR programme sits with:
- Finance Director, Secure Solutions (UK & Ireland)
(with specific support from the Procurement, Property and Energy & Environment Directors.)
- Chair, CSR Steering Committee, Cash Services (UK)
Find out more about our wider Corporate Social Responsibility policies.