Our mine action operations support humanitarian and reconstruction programmes with physical security and stockpile management, bomb disposal and the removal of landmines and unexploded ordnance.
G4S Ordnance Management is a commercial leader in the environmental remediation of landmine and explosive remnants of war (ERW), battle area clearance and the destruction of conventional weapons and stockpiled munitions.
Our specialist teams have operated in over 26 countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chile, Cyprus, Iraq, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Mozambique, Nepal, Sakhalin Island (Russia) and Sudan.
Over the last 18 years, our sustainable and humanitarian programmes have:
- Released more than 1.1 billion square meters of land to productive use
- Cleared over 40,000 houses
- Cleared over 20 million items of unexploded ordnance
Our capabilities include:
- Physical security and stockpile management (PSSM) and training
- Project management and technical consultancy
- Site survey and risk assessment
- Landmine removals, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and bomb disposal
- Mine detection dogs (MDD)
- Underwater unexploded ordnance (UXO) survey and clearance
- Community relations and socio-economic impact surveys
- Training, development and education
- Quality assurance/quality control (QAQC)
G4S Ordnance Management’s approach to mine action builds local and national capacity through comprehensive training, supervision and management. Our employees have an excellent safety record and share a commitment to solving the mine and ERW problem, whilst providing a safe, quality assured and cost effective capability to our clients.
Commitment to high standards
Across all areas of its operations, G4S Ordnance Management is committed to maintaining and setting the highest standards. We are registered with the National Demining Authority and comply with International Mine Action Standards (IMAS). In addition, one of our senior directors is a member of the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD) Advisory Board.
In addition, we have a comprehensive Quality Management System (QMS) accredited to ISO 9001:2008 and an established Environment Health & Safety Management System accredited to OHSAS 18001.